Thoughts of My Life Journey

Monday, November 24, 2008

Picnic at Sedona 15 Nov 08 Sat

Went to Sedona again last sat. But not to see rocks, though we still see alot. Our main purpose for this trip is to Picnic!!! Yeah!

Many years nv go picnic liao.. feeling abit excited... also many memories came to me when I am still a small kid. That time, mama would bring the 3 of us (my 2 brothers) and my grandmother to marina south to picnic. They were sit on a mat under the shade while the we the kids go fly kite, i mean fly real kite.

I miss my grandmother. And to those reading my blog, she is the noble lady who seen thru all aspects of life, and she is the one who taught me how to fold the curry puff. Of cuz, tat time i so small, she taught me to make curry puff (we would say "curry pok") using play doh. How nice!

We started our journey from 915am. Had breakfast at mac. Yeah! I love mac breakfast!!! Last time, the wkdays I would be busy at work so I nv had chances for mac breakfast. Now, I will be sleeping till noon so I oso got little chance for mac breakfast. hahahaaa...

My last trip to Sedona was in summer, when the sunshines like it its nobody's biz and the leaves are green.

Heard that the leaves now had changed to maple red due to the change of season... but hor.. think we went alittle early. We went to Red Rocks Crossing park. The leaves are turning yellow only... ooops..... Saw in christine's blog and her pic shows the red maple leaves!!! AWWWW!!!! ITS SOOOOOOO NICE!!!! Why did we not see it even though we went on almost the same wk! hahaha... fate.... nx time i wanna go Sedona again..

You see the sun shining on the lake? Please dun think it warm.... the water is ICEY COLD! tested and proven by a few itch hands... haha



We were walking in the park to look for a suitable spot for our picnic and taking pictures everywhere... I m tired.... hahaha



Juliet's picnic mat was abit too small to accomodate all of us... so i lay the trashbags for the guys to sit while the ladies sat on the mat. haha

We had alot of food, the nice homemade brownies by Jaslin, yummy sandwiches by Juliet, tasty salad and my fav caprison tat I got from the commiss caselot sales! haha



It was a big group. A total of 10 of us (Juliet and Edwin, Eunice and Daoli, Chua Yong and Jaslin, Monkey and Me, the only single guy aka our gabbage IC and twinkle aka Juliet's baby)


Eunice very funny, she saw this scene and was screaming excitedly that it looks like the korea drama "Qiu Tian De Tong Hua". Haha... So we all took pics there... Not bad, no red leaves oso got korea style romance... haha



The lake is actually beri beautiful... except tat we looks abit spoiling to the scenary... see... monkey bullying me again!




We all attempted to cross over the small current to the other side of the rocks, but hor.... the path is so small... and the water is soooooo cold... aha... really having cold feets... so erm... ahha... we oni attempted a few steps for pic taking. Our couple pic is still in Edwin's camera.... still haven got it yet...





Haha... noe u noe why we got one garbage ic? We are beri nice citizens of Singapore and we kept our Clean city reputation well even when we are overseas. hahaa... the trashbags and the leftovers from the picnic is well taken care of... we didn't let it flow down the lake ok! hahaa... this is proof that we are good citizens! hahaha




After that... we went to Anthem the outlet malls.....hoping for some pre-thanksgiving sales...

Monkey bought 5 polo tees from Ralph Lauren, one for his family each and of cuz one for me. Its sooooooo cheap that cuz oni USD140 in total!!!!

Then i got another levis' shorts. Dun think will be using it till nx summer... haha...




And this... cheap... beri girly... i like leh.. hehee




Its a fulfilling trip.... nice and fun! Noticed that I am in my long jacket all the time? Its not really tat cold. The weather is superb! just nice! but hor... i really scare of the sun... although i already applied a layer of sunblock, i think better cover up just in case... hahahah

Nx time, I must see the red leaves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home