Thoughts of My Life Journey

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Cookings!

ok, its been almost 2 mths i reached US and into the life of yellow-face-wife.

kitchen is my territory, cooking is my responsibility, grocery shopping is my mandate.

haha..... i used to worry that i am unable to adapt, or rather switch from a "career women" (not beri career but can say OL) lifestyle to a erm.... auntie lifestyle... in nicer words is called "tai tai"... haha... but after 2mths of surviving from cooking every wkdays, none of us had much wasted food nor had any diareahoer. haha... tat is good news... anyhow say i oso champion in my sec sch cooking competition okie! (*let me be proud abit* :P)


monkey is nice enuff to understand my "xin-ku-ness" so everywkend, we will dine out, when he is at break, me too! :)

but special thanks to my mum and mum-in-law who teached me a few simple dishes, that can aid me sometimes when i ran out of ideas. if oni i had more time away from work before i come, i should have grab the chance to learn more!

nvm.... i still managed to "invent" new dishes to survive.... i dun repeat menus in the same wk, otherwise eat liao oso sianz...

got proof ok! i nv say say oni... lets see some pics of my cookings...

My first cooking on the 2nd day when i just reached... utlised wad i can find in the empty fridge...


Chicken rice!!! why is it in big thigh meat? cuz its more tender... and i didn't use whole chicken cuz i dun wan to chop it.... haha... my chopping skill cannot la...


Bak Kut Teh!!!

Fried Wanton!!!

Cereal Prawns!!! this one abit special, cuz its without shells de! why? becuz easier to eat. when monkey brings this to work for his lunch bento, he dun need to waste time peel shells and can just eat happily. I very considerate hor? hehe... hahaha... but poor me.. peel the shells till my hands going to rot liao...


I call it the Olympics cooking. haha... bittermelon with minced meat (good for heatiness), minced meat with dark soy sauce, fishball soup and the al-famous tomatoes prawns (taught by my mum-in-law)!!!


Honey Chicken Wing!!! NICE!!!! TENDER!!!



First Attempt for Braised Pork Bellies and water-cress soup.




Got any new or local recipes? can tell me.... i too free to try it out... but i lazy to wash.. lucky for monkey... i cook he wash... hehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home