Thoughts of My Life Journey

Monday, October 09, 2006

Change of Job

Cool.. I m back with internet access again..

Sorry pple, for those who reads my blog often.. I m not lost in the non-internet world.. in fact, for the past 2 wks, I had been overwhelmed with freedom n freedom n freedom.. haha

Some issues happened, and after a long time and accumulation, I finally got the courage to tender my resignation... WITHOUT even securing a job… haha.. Daring rite?!?! Forsaking a stable job with stable constant bonus and haven even complete my degree yet! But the opportunity cost is morale getting lower, no prospect, lost touch with pte sector, see stupid people everyday.. n handle stupid enquiries which caused by those who refused or forgot they can use their brain.. well… n worse, open the doors for the “handicapped” pple… so unfair..

I m so happy during my “break” though my savings is drying fast as days went by n no income to sustain.. But I noe I deserve a break, not long but short. :)

Fortunately, mum was supportive. Hehe. At least she nv comes after me for family taxes…. But I can’t on the air con so often le la, cuz no contributions then better dun exhaust the others.. the killer are my bills, edu loan payments and mthly insurance, cpf etc…

I was quite slack, too lazy to even buy the straits times, mainly online job applications, then the following was NEOPETS, MONOPOLY and MSN!!! Haha… jia lat.. n ya, pat tor lor.. got more time for my si monkey.. but the weather beri hot.. I oso lazy to go out..

I was beri lucky, god blessed; tat I got a job, tat pays pretty well, remuneration n package n benefits even better than before! God bless!!! :)

I went for less than 10 interviews in the past mth, compared to my 20++ interviews after my poly grad, I think tats an accomplishment. However, one of the reason tat I dared to quit is becuz the job market is good at the moment…

So, now, I m employed again! Yippy!


I been looking forward to leave my ex working place… but due to my high commitments an liabilities and the attractive remuneration, I hang on.. n hang on n hang on.. there were times when I just dun wan to care about anything anymore, but my good frds cum exex-colleagues were always there to encourage me. Especially jess, who spend ard 1hr of her hp air time to persuade me not to quit, analyzing to me the pros n cons… actually I understand all the logic even without her telling. But her power n the miracle of frds make it sink to my mind, so I noe the importance of the job. Thanks Jess!!!

I m sorry for disappointing u. After ur morale encouragement for 6mths, I tender again.. well.. for the good or bad, I dunno. Lets just hope for the best! :) frds forever.


I noe I will definitely have a lot to learn in a new environment. Be it culture, system, work, procedures, names, pple, technologies.. a lot a lot..

I was so excited tat the day b4 my first day of work, I could catch a wink.. mind was too active to sleep… haha

I hope I will be able to keep being excited, for good reasons of course! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home