Thoughts of My Life Journey

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back to Sg for Apr 09

Flying back alone this time... carrying my heavy lappy and a nite without sleep.. was VERY VERY exhausted.... and anxious to reach home....

the friendliness of ang mohs and the airport staff did help abit... i transitted from domestic flight to international flight @ LA.... moving my heavy luggage from the terminals.. confused where to go... at this point of time, i suddenly realise tat being bilingual (one with English) is one of our Singaporean's advantage.. hurhur... one language and it makes things so much easy for me...

When i finally board my SQ Flight, WOW SEH!!! those SQ gals got waist leh!!!! i already forgotton then woman shd look like tat, hourglass figure!!! wabiang!!! too long in states liao!!!! pengz..

managed to chat with a nice japanese lady (my flight transit @ narita tokyo).. not bad rite, now i going tri-lingual... haha

i already felt very "home" seeing the singaporean crew and very warm with all their service... being "fed" alot of food.. pengz...


I finally reached Sg... but in the middle of midnite.. so i took a cab home myself.... afterall... Sg is my homeland which i m sooooo familiar with, dun need anybody to waste their midnite cab fare to fetch me la... and the reason i m home is not a happy trip... the most impt thing is to see my father!!!

when my mama sees me @ the hosp with a "qiao cui" look.. she commented i looked beri auntie.. pengz!!! mama.. 9mths nv see me, can say someting make me happy anot? hahaa

i did saw my papa.. he was not in deep coma (hopeful), but seeing him with all the tubes and pipes aches me oso..

my "first meal" in sg.. sad, was in TTSH Food Court!!! looking @ the familar food but noisy environment.. suddenly i dun feel like eating!!!! i miss the big cosy restauants in US..

then we crossed over to novena sq which is linked from TTSH with an overhead bridge totally sheltered all the way...... went to a saloon @ sq2 "fix" my auntie look.. mama went for a hair wash oso.. the kind korean ladies helped us do a free korean hair perm (temporary perm of cuz)...

i kinda like it.. so the korean stars did it like tat too...


The saying goes... "屋漏偏逢连夜雨".. my roof top nv leaks from raining but my home bathroom "explodes" and water splashing like my bathroom is wild wild wet or seaworld... haiz.. like we are not suay enuff.. things all happened together..... mama again went helpless... but fret not.... there is yellow page online, and in sg, with $$$, nothing can't be unsolved.... but tat means i burn a hole somewhere in my pocket... told mama tat its a little hurdle tat God wans us to cross... and we did... tat same day, the nurse told us tat papa started to show response of obeying commands like "point one finger, point 2 fingers".... tat is GOOD NEWS to us!!!! tat means he is regaining conscious!!!

my mum's bdae came and we wanted to take her out for dinner @ novena (my 2nd hiding place now other than home and TTSH), but she was kinda sad for my papa cuz this yr, he can't be there and he couldn't eat anything but we are going to feast.. haiz...
mama wanted something simple.. so we had chicken rice @ a restuarant.... bought this for her as she said she wanted to try....


isn't it cute? this rabbit is actually a longevity bun with lian rong (lotus paste) inside.... just steamed and tasted very nice!!!
actually i m quite lucky.. though i didn't get the time to visit many places in sg cuz i want to spend more time in hosp for my dad (i oni can stay for a mth before going back to US), my bro's gf, who oso rushed back from her studies in US, bought me a lot of hawker food and i feasted like there is no tomolo, everyday in the hosp's waiting area!!!! tats y i put on alot of weight la...
my another fav is this cafe called "Take 5" @ sq2... its by Old Chang Kee but they sell VERY NICE local food like nasi lemak and laksa (my fav).. and their tea/coffee is oni SGD0.50 everyday after 2pm!!!! simple meal like this makes my day. dun need to cook myself! hehee


sometimes mama would cook @ home for me. cuz she noes i miss her cookings.. but i can see tat she is oso beri tired... cuz we went to the hosp everyday and she still need to do the chorus... haiz...
during my one mth stay in sg, i done several things and settled some issues for my dad... running ard sg... tired... but some which we have to wait for response, i have to handover to my bro...
many thanks for my frds (liling, xem, tina, yuan, crab, ruixi, laozhu) who came to visit my dad in the hosp..i know u all got to work still make time... thanks so much.... especially ruixi and laozhu... who came more than once!
went to SSDC to convert my driving licence.. so lucky!!! i got it!!!! i m now a qualified sg driver!!!!
bought this @ eBay oso, recommended from 女人我最大. always wanted to buy in US but then the shipping to US will make this hair guard very costly!!! its a hair guard tat makes ur hair fridge stays without moose, hair spray, hair clip or any hair bands cuz that will cause a mark on the hair... useful and innovative and simple!

but i abit regretted buying pink.. shd have bought the black one.. other colors look like a major plaster on the hair... haha.. but its still useful la..... like it







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home